Re: Three Identical systems - short cut to setting up the drives?

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Is there some way, (with dd I might guess) to do a hardare level copy?

I've seen many posts on this list that recommend Clonezilla for this
sort of thing. You run off CD and it is said to be faster than DD
because it is hardware aware (forgive the alliteration) and so only
copies actual data.

Now this sounds of real interest.  Off to google Clonezilla.  Thanks.

Clonezilla-live is the one you want. It is a bootable iso and if you have a place on the network to hold the image you won't have to get the drives connected to the same machine.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx