Re: settings up cheap a NAS / SAN server, is it possible?

<snip>

        Even if it's fake RAID5(RAID software)?
        Didn't know that.

    Raid 5 need a minimum of 3 drives. The only way to get 2 drives in
    software raid is to create the array with the "missing" statement.
    With only 2 drives, you have a stripe with a failed parity.

    So 2 drives is already missing one, and the next failure is doom.
    Raid 1 (mirror) is fine with 2 drives.

Then I will have to backup ASAP and re install the Array in Raid1, thank you scott. But the odd thing its that I've never had any errors regarding RAID or even HDs.
Will recheck my config.

Make sure that it is raid 5 before you mess with it. I find it hard to believe that it let you set it up with only 2 drives.
--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and