Re: Want to _prevent_ upgrade to centos 5.2

on 7-2-2008 10:37 AM Les Mikesell spake the following:
Johnny Hughes wrote:

CentOS-5 is the real version ... 5.2 is just a point in time set of updates for CentOS-5. Understand that if you had RHEL-5 and ran an update, it would also update you to the same packages. What this means is that 5.2 is just an update set for CentOS-5 .. not really a new version.

I think the firefox/OOo version jumps are the surprises here. We've come to expect boring consistency with few feature changes across minor updates. I think it is a great thing for the desktop apps to change faster than the base os and server apps, but it seems like an upstream policy change especially for the big jump in firefox.

I'm almost sure it was a logistics change and not policy. They probably hit a wall in backporting patches to 1.5 tree of Firefox. So if they had to jump, jump with both feet out!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and