Re: How/when to file bugs on upstream bugzilla?

Karanbir Singh wrote:
Greg Bailey wrote:
Any advice on this? I didn't see anything on the CentOS wiki or FAQ as to how or when to use upstream's bug system.

Maybe we should add something to the wiki about this, and even in the FAQ's since people are likely to ask about this and they do.

Basically, as Anne said : file it with the distro, if you were then requested to file it upstream as well, the request would have come from someone who has looked at and confirmed its not a CentOS induced issue.

Also there are packages that CentOS carries that dont come from Redhat.

Just to elaborate on this a bit more, sometimes we will file the bug upstream if we can reproduce it and totally understand your report and feel we can act as the reporter. In that case we will probably not ask you to file it upstream, as we did do it.

In other cases it might be better for the user to file the upstream bug ... and we will usually ask for you to do so.

If you are sure the issue exists in both RHEL and CentOS, then there is certainly no problem for you to file in both places.

If you do file in both places (on your own or asked by us), then please also add links to the bug in the entries in both places to each other so that users can find fixes from both groups easily