How/when to file bugs on upstream bugzilla?

I've hit a bug since upgrading from 5.1 to 5.2 that involves the screen blanking when I shut the lid on a Dell Latitude D820 notebook. It doesn't come back on correctly when I open the lid, and instead crashes X. I've filed a bug on bugs.centos.org that describes the problem (#2910), and was requested to file a bug on bugzilla.redhat.com.

I've filed bugs on Red Hat's system before, but always after reproducing the problem using genuine RHEL. In this case, I can't practically reload my notebook with RHEL 5.2, so I'm wondering how to report this bug to Red Hat. I'm afraid of it getting rejected outright since it's not RHEL, but on the other hand I could see where the collected information could be useful to them if the bug report is written well...

Any advice on this? I didn't see anything on the CentOS wiki or FAQ as to how or when to use upstream's bug system.

thanks!
Greg