Re: 5.2 blues

Ned Slider wrote:
Dunc wrote:
Hi

Yes it was written as rpmnew, and indeed the default was the same. But using the original I was using before, changing nothing, with [::] I could not connect after the upgrade. I restarted many times, and eventually changing the original to [*] allowed me to connect.

I then changed to the new conf (after changing a few things like using mysql to authenticate, minimum uid to match my setup), and again could not connect. Changing the new conf to [*] then solved it.

How are you disabling IPv6, maybe that is making the difference?

To disable IPv6 as per the Wiki:

http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS5?highlight=(ipv6)#head-47912ebdae3b5ac10ff76053ef057c366b421dc4

Hi

Seems that is making the difference. With IPv6 disabled both * and :: work. If I enable it again and reboot only * works..

Dunc