Re: 5.2 blues

Ned Slider wrote:

That's strange Dunc.

The new config file was written to /etc/dovecot/conf.rpmnew (as expected) for me, so your modified original doesn't get overwritten. I can see no difference between the 5.1 and 5.2 config files wrt the 'listen' directive. Mine was, and still is, set to the default [::] and still works fine. Further, I have IPv6 disabled on the server. I have tested on both i386 and x86_64 platforms and each are working fine both with and without ssl/tls.

Did you restart the dovecot service after it was updated? (I'm not sure if yum update does this automatically or not when updating a daemon service that is running).

Regards,

Ned

Hi

Yes it was written as rpmnew, and indeed the default was the same. But using the original I was using before, changing nothing, with [::] I could not connect after the upgrade. I restarted many times, and eventually changing the original to [*] allowed me to connect.

I then changed to the new conf (after changing a few things like using mysql to authenticate, minimum uid to match my setup), and again could not connect. Changing the new conf to [*] then solved it.

How are you disabling IPv6, maybe that is making the difference?

thanks

Dunc