Re: Re: Re: Re: CentOS 5.2 is here!

Florin Andrei wrote:
Timothy Murphy wrote:

Are you saying that simply running "yum update" on a Centos-5.1 system
will convert it to Centos-5.2, as and when that is released?

At this very moment, if I do "yum update" on my 5.1 home server, it tells me that it will get upgraded to 5.2 if I hit the "Y" key.

I won't do that yet, I need to be physically there to babysit it, there are way too many hacks and moving parts on that machine.

What I did last time around, and will probably repeat on critical machines:

  yum install yum-downloadonly  (if you haven't already)
  yum -y --downloadonly update  (can run unattended)

  yum upgrade  (babysit - but you don't have to wait for the download)
  reboot       (babysit)

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx