Re: how do I manage a Dell PE 860 server via IPMI?

Lanny Marcus wrote:
On 6/21/08, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
I've found their web support to be excellent if you can get past the
place where they sort out the individual/small/large business users.
Try to find support/downloads and the place where you put in the model
number or their tag number which identifies it completely.  Then you go
directly to everything they have for that device, which might be flash
updates, all the manuals, and any utilities they provide.  I think they
maintain this for everything they have ever sold.

There is also a huge community of users on the Dell support site and
many of them have the answers. I find it much easier to use the Dell
support site, for our 4 Dimension boxes, than the Compaq support site,
for our Compaq EVO.

Thanx, I'll give the community a try :)

--

Kind Regards