Re: OT: HP Autoloader Issue

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
I spent a good chunk of time trying to get an HP LTO Autoloader to
work with Amanda only to later find out it was faulty. Aside from HP
who has a brutal system for repairing hardware, does anyone know where
I might be able to send it for repair?

HP is one of a very small handful of vendors that actually make some of their own tape drives. If its not an HP internally, its probably a Quantum (who bought Seagate's Tape division, which was formerly Archive)

Tape autoloaders are one of those things that really REALLY should be kept on service contracts.... if it was covered, there'd be a tech there next day either fixing or replacing it.

(reminding me that I have a HP 1/8 LTO2 autoloader in my dev lab at work which has fallen off warranty)