Re: Problems installing 5.1 on a Tyan Thunder HEsl with a SCSI controller

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 at 9:03pm, Timothy Selivanow wrote

I'm trying to install 5.1 using the onboard LSI Symbios 53C1010, and I'm
running into some trouble.  When the computer first boots, the SCSI BIOS
sees the three HDDs, but when I go to install, the installer hangs for a
while at inserting the sym53c8xx driver and if I go over to the screen
on F4 it shows that it is trying to scan the SCSI bus and is resetting
all of the IDs.  Once that is done, it moves on the the actual
installer, but does not see any drives.

Have you tried all the usual SCSI voodoo -- check the cables, check your termination, ensure you used the proper color goat?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin