Re: Re: CentOS 64bits can't boot

Victor Padro wrote:
I've just tried installing RHEL 5 using the AHCI setting in BIOS, it does install but as I said before "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" screen appears again, and did change the AHCI setting to SATA in BIOS, and boots up with a screen which contains lots of commands/words/keystrings etc.(really don't know the word for that screen in english) but something caught my attention that is:

Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0) notwithin permissible range
*PCI: BIOS Bug MCFG area at e0000000 is not E020-reserved*

try booting with noacpi but with the BIOS set to AHCI

could be a BIOS upgrade would 'repair' the ACPI info stored in there.