Re: Re: CentOS 64bits can't boot

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>And the AHCI does install CentOS, but when the install process its finished it boots up and says "could not mount such file system, not such file or directory"

Hrm, AFAIK you should use AHCI w/ CentOS. As far as it complaining after boot sounds like it simply didn't load the module it needed post install? Bizarre.

Sorry,
jlc

I've just tried installing RHEL 5 using the AHCI setting in BIOS, it does install but as I said before "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" screen appears again, and did change the AHCI setting to SATA in BIOS, and boots up with a screen which contains lots of commands/words/keystrings etc.(really don't know the word for that screen in english) but something caught my attention that is:

Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0) notwithin permissible range
PCI: BIOS Bug MCFG area at e0000000 is not E020-reserved
PCI: not using MMconfig
ACPI: Getting cpuindex for acpiid 0x3
ACPI: Getting cpuindex for acpiid 0x4

Red Hat nash version 5.1.19.6 starting
    Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
    No volume groups found
    Volume group "VolGroup00" not found
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory