Re: clustered mail server?

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
Christopher Chan wrote:
Ralph Angenendt wrote:
No and yes. You can just use ext3 on both nodes as you normally only
have the one on the primary node mounted - the other one is not accessed
by anything. And yes, with heartbeat you "just" failover to the second
node, if the first one is dead. That will start the needed services on
the second node.
Are you positive that you can put ext3 on it and have it mounted on the secondary while the primary is happily hammering away without any ill effects? Have you done it?

No, you do *not* mount it on the secondary while the primary is happily
hammering away. heartbeat takes care of mounting and of the secondary
becoming primary in case of a failover.

Yes, I am sorry, I did not read your mail through. Heartbeat takes care of the mounting eh?

There are primary/primary setups possible with drbd and gfs if you need
both nodes to be exported at the same time - but that's not needed nor
recommended in a failover situation.

Why would it not be recommended for a failover situation?