Re: broken GFS

Doug Tucker wrote:
My whole issue is around GFS, which is officially supported (someone
else hijacked this thread with XFS which got more attention), and in my
statement I said: "Keep in mind this is not an unsupported XFS that
someone hijacked my thread with."  So I'm agreeing that XFS should never
be brought up in the same fashion as GFS, as it is not a supported file
system.  GFS is, and it is my opinion RH should release the 2 together.

GFS is only 'officially supported' under a seperate $$$$ contract from Red Hat. And, if you're a GFS customer of Red Hat's, I'm pretty darn sure the first thing they do is disable kernel updates... In fact, I seem to recall that RHEL4 ships with kernel updates disabled, you have to use `up2date --force` or something to enable them.