Re: How to find available groups for installation via yum ?

on 4-1-2008 12:45 AM D Steward spake the following:
then I've started googling the net and .... ____finally____ I found the magic combination. One very merciful soul posted the golden
combination.

yum groupinstall "XFCE-4.4"

It's unfortunate, but I've been tripped up by yum when doing searches.
I feel that especially when doing the 'search', 'list', 'whatprovides'
subcommands, the search term should be case-insensitive.
This is particularly dumb when the package name is upper-case XFCE, but
most of the individual rpms are lower-case eg. xfce4-session
Maybe a command-line option for this?
A case sensitive OS will have issues like this. You are right that there should be a case insensitive option to searches, but you would have to do that at the yum creators site and wait for it to trickle down.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and