Re: A few questions regarding CentOS (5.0)

Johnny Hughes wrote:

<snip>

We do not seem to have php-mssql for CentOS extras as it requires freetds and we were concerned about potential patent issues with freetds. However, it seems Fedora is including freetds now in version 8 and version 9, so I will research this freetds issue again and if we think we can safely build and distribute freetds I will get it into our extras repo soon. If not, you should be able to easily build it ... but I think we will add it, so not to worry.

<snip>

OK, for the record, freetds and php-mssql have been added to the CentOS-5 extras repo on the master server. Expect them to be on mirror.centos.org in the next hour and on the external public mirrors with a day.

BTW, Jim Perrin (one of our developers ... aka Evolution on freenode IRC) says that using the freetds and unixODBC driver is a better method to connect:

http://www.bofh-hunter.com/2008/03/27/chatting-with-mssql/

So now you have 2 CentOS repo options to talk to mssql :D

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes