Re: Re: new CentOS5.1, samba help requested

<snip>

With user level security you can't connect to different shares as different users, so if you remove the 'public' from the home section (as you probably should) and let people connect as themselves, they will have to also connect as themselves to the public shares.

And now that I"ve done that, I can't seem to use the samba shares at all. Trying to browse to \\172.16.0.106 (the samba server), after having logged in to my local workstation, I get the dreaded Windows login box into which I type my un/pw. It pops back with <MACHINENAME>/ray and a blank password for me to try and re-authenticate.

Any thoughts on this?

-Ray