Re: Adding samba clients to samba server

Scott R. Ehrlich wrote:

> It is my hope that this will permit me to then use the application, as
> I'll have added the XP machine to the Samba DC, too, thus hoping netbios
> names work properly.

You shouldn't need a domain to get netbios name resolution. That's just
broadcast packets, a workgroup configuration will work just fine
(and be much easier to setup and manage).

Just make sure all systems are on the same subnet, if they are not
then you need to setup broadcast forwarding on your router(s), and
setup a samba instance on each end to route the broadcasts as well.
(see remote announce and remote browse sync options)

nate