Adding samba clients to samba server

I have an application that requires the use of netbios names instead of IP addresses, and the company that produces the application says that's the way it is.

I have a Windows XP machines running the application, and I want to add it to a domain controller. I have a Centos 5 machine onto which I've installed Samba and configured it to be a DC. I now want to add a couple linux workstations, also running samba, to this domain controller as workstations. I've done this millions of times under Windows, but never added a samba client to a samba server/dc.

How do I do so?

It is my hope that this will permit me to then use the application, as I'll have added the XP machine to the Samba DC, too, thus hoping netbios names work properly.

Thanks.

Scott