Re: rsyslog repo?

Karanbir Singh wrote:
in the case of rsyslog, thats not the case :D I had a play with the 3.x tree today, and it *looks* ok to me. So might as well inflict it upon everyone else considering its in the Testing Repo, no sane person will use it in Production. Right ?

I shall have updated packages in a couple of days, prolly over the weekend. The package queue is quite long at the moment.

I've got mine working finally, but I definitely look forward to seeing v3 in your testing repo! Let me know if I can help in any way.

Basically, I want to be able to log locally AND remotely. AFAICT, I have to move to v3 to get this feature.

err, really ? you could do that with conventional syslog too.

Yes, strange but correct. Still, rsyslog gives me other features over conventional syslog, not the least of which you mention yourself:

also, running over tcp is nicer, since you atleast now get a chance to do something about bits that dont make it.

... that, and it also allows me to run over stunnel.

Thanks again,
johnn