Re: rsyslog repo?

Karanbir Singh wrote:
I am maintaining rsyslog quite regularly, and if you find the version lag a bit in my repo its because I found something broken or something wrong with their release.

I'm definitely all for stable, non-broken software even if it lags behind -- even way behind.

But I'm specifically interested in rsyslog v3 for the disk-assisted buffering.

Basically, I want to be able to log locally AND remotely. AFAICT, I have to move to v3 to get this feature.

Do you use it for central logging? And if you do, how do you mitigate the risk of data loss if the clients can't contact the server?

johnn