Re: smtp mailer or SMART_HOST in sendmail.mc

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
In this case the change is so minor I would just get them to edit sendmail.cf directly and add the appropriate smart host (Yes I know people will shoot me for making this recommendation).

For those unfamiliar with it you just edit  the DS Parameter eg

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DSsmtp.example.com

The obvious downside here is that if you ever rebuild your sendmail.cf
file from the mc file in the future, this change will be overwritten.

Ray

Unless he "chattr -i sendmail.cf" the file ?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com