Re: Centos Livecd

on 2/20/2008 2:17 PM Johnny Hughes spake the following:
Scott Silva wrote:
on 2/20/2008 12:59 PM Sergio Belkin spake the following:
2008/2/20, Johnny Hughes <johnny-IFYaIzF+flcdnm+yROfE0A-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Milton Calnek wrote:

 > Patrice Guay wrote:
 >> Milton Calnek wrote:
 >>
>> The anaconda package does not need to be present on your build system.
 >> It needs to be present on the LiveCD.
 >
> That's where the hacked anaconda comes in... and any CD produced is not
 > an official version of CentOS.
 >
 > Becomes clear to me.

Right,

 And there are a couple other packages too (pykickstart, dosfstools and
 syslinux) that are modified. For the most part the modified version
 works just fine, but there are things about it that are not officially
 supported.

 It should be stated the the purpose of the live CD is NOT to install
 centos (unless you want to, as a convenience use the Network install
provided on there, which is fully supported) ... but to use to test your
 hardware and to use as a recovery disc.

Thanks for all of your comments, really I was looking for an easy way
of install Centos downloading one only CD....

If you are only doing a system or two, you can down the live cd and do a net install from a mirror close to you.

OR ... of course, get CD1 and do a minimal install and then use "yum groupinstall" option to install the groups of items you want.

If only the first cd had an install option like "linux minimal" instead of going into anaconda and de-selecting everything one by one. Or even a button to "un-select all".

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and