Re: Re: Worth upgrading desktop to 5.1?

Sean Carolan wrote:
If you want to keep your existing kernel for a while, just change the grub default back after the update installs the new one. Then you can switch, reboot, and rebuild the necessary stuff whenever you have a chance.

Thanks, this is probably what I will end up doing. I tend to err on the side of caution when applying updates, especially a single-user box that is not exposing any inbound ports or services to the Internet.

Updates are almost never cause problems in CentOS since they have been through fairly extensive testing and don't introduce big changes (that is they stay on the side of caution already). Perhaps you are used to more aggressive update policies like you would see in fedora.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx