Re: problem with firefox

Florin Andrei wrote:

I've heard a lot of complaints from Firefox/CentOS users. I never used
CentOS as a desktop OS, so I can't confirm those issues from my own
experience.
I experienced a LOT of crashing with FireFox 2 in Fedora 8 but almost none using the tarball version in Fedora Core 6 - in Fedora 8 - I blame the new-ness of the libraries it links against (that tarball version doesn't)

Rebuild of Fedora 8 src.rpm in CentOS 5 is also not as stable as the tarball version (I ran tarball version in CentOS 5) but is far more stable than Fedora 8 version in Fedora 8.

Unfortunately I can't use the firefox distributed tarball version because it links against an older libstdc++ which breaks the totem and icedtea plugins.

It would be sweet if upstream firefox would distribute a compiled tarball that links against the newer libstdc++