Date: Thursday, December 27, 2007 10:03:52 AM -0500
From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  boot hangs on trying to start sendmail

I am building a new server.  It will be a temporary firewall of
sorts.

I am well into the config, made a lot of changes; almost ready to
set it up in the target networks, but now....

The system hangs trying to start sendmail.  I was thinking hard
about disabling sendmail, but thought I needed it for internal
functions, so did not.  yet.

So is there someway to get the system working so I can change
something like disable sendmail?

The system has no cdrom, diskette, etc.  In fact the kybd/monitor
require a special temp setup.  Perhaps I can edit the kernel line
in grub to disable something?

If necessary, I can pull the drive and put it in a system that does
support cdrom.  That is the way I did the initial harddrive install.