Re: Clustering MySQL

Luke Dudney wrote:
After all the discussions regarding MySQL-style clustering (multi-master etc), what about a "classic" HA cluster for MySQL? Since the OP mentioned high availability, wouldn't the simplest solution be failover clustering (ie. single master with failover, shared storage, fenced nodes etc) via Centos CS?

You could achieve something like this just using shared storage, a clustered filesystem, and mysql-proxy balancing a bunch of mysql instances.

As I haven't done this myself I can't really comment further, but does anyone else on the list have experience engineering a Centos Cluster Suit failover cluster for MySQL?

not me no :D not the whole boatload anyway.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219@icq