Re: Clustering MySQL

On 11/12/2007 17:18, Steve Campbell wrote:
I'm just beginning to consider using the Clustering available with CentOS. We are going to spec out some new hardware, and after reading most of the Clustering manuals, I have a small question about MySQL.

I would like to run High Availability MySQL, in other words, similar to how you can run HA HTTPD and the like. The catch seems to be if I run MySQL on an individual server, with common MySQL replication to another server, how do failovers work? I see a real problem with table locking and the like. Is there a way to run multiple MySQL servers that get removed from the cluster as opposed to failing over when using the newer MySQL versions (I am running 3.23 now, so a little behind)?

Thanks for any insights.

Steve Campbell

After all the discussions regarding MySQL-style clustering (multi-master etc), what about a "classic" HA cluster for MySQL? Since the OP mentioned high availability, wouldn't the simplest solution be failover clustering (ie. single master with failover, shared storage, fenced nodes etc) via Centos CS?

As I haven't done this myself I can't really comment further, but does anyone else on the list have experience engineering a Centos Cluster Suit failover cluster for MySQL?

cheers
Luke