Re: System on time

Matt Hyclak wrote:
On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 05:15:22PM +0100, Niki Kovacs enlightened us:
Matt Hyclak a écrit :
Sounds like a daylight savings time issue, or you have the wrong timezone
configured...
My timezone is Europe/Paris, but indeed we recently switched to what we call here "winter time".

Is your tzdata package updated, and have you reconfigured the time since
then? /etc/localtime is not a link, so when updates to tzdata happen it
needs to be re-created.

i wish there was a somewhat more automatic way to do this. I understand why /etc/localtime not a link or symlink to /usr/share/zoneinfo/xxxx, there's bunches of issues, like /usr may be a different filesystem ...

IMHO, the RPM update of the tzdata should be somehow figuring this out, maybe digging into /etc/sysconfig/clock for the ZONE setting, then copying the appropriate zone back over /etc/localtime

but, thats upstream's decision.