Re: Installation troubles

Chuck Campbell wrote:
If you want to keep the driver in-place even when the kernel updates, you might want to investigate the weak-updates process and how you might get a driver included into that. Pretty much everything you need to make it happen would be on the system already.

Where do I find info about this? I suspect I will need to do this with every kernel update???

how exactly where you planning on managing out-of-tree kernel drivers otherwise ?

btw, since this is a stable distro you are using, the chances are that the same driver will work through the life of the product. Try this command : /sbin/weak-modules and register the driver you have against that. Then reinstall the updated kernel and the driver should move along.

I shall try and do some more specific docs on this, in the centos wiki, over the next few days.