Re: Installation troubles

Chuck Campbell wrote:
The system now boots, so I ran a yum update, which updated 156 packages.
The kernel was updated too, so I set it up to boot the new xen kernel.

Depending on the way your Driverdisk is setup - it would have only installed the drivers for the kernel you installed initially. So if you have problems talking to the 3ware drives, try booting from that kernel instead.

If you want to keep the driver in-place even when the kernel updates, you might want to investigate the weak-updates process and how you might get a driver included into that. Pretty much everything you need to make it happen would be on the system already.