Re: Raqport Inc buyer beware

On 9/1/07, David Booth <md@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Beware of doing business with Alex Bajan at Raqport.

In January 2007 I ordered and paid over US$2000 for a Tyan GS14 server
and some installation and migration services. The server proved to be
faulty. It would not stay up for more than a few hours. I followed all
of Alex's recommendations, including replacing the RAM, the processor
and reinstalling the CentOS/Bluequartz operating system but the device
would spontaneously attempt to reboot at random intervals of less than a
few hours. My guess is a faulty motherboard component.

I returned the device at my expense but months later I have had no
satisfaction from Raqport regarding a replacement or refund of the money
I sent - not even replies to emails or returned calls.

It is a very poor way to treat a customer.

My experience with that company is not good either, they dont keep what they promisse

--
"The box said: Requires MS Windows or better, so I installed Linux"