Re: It works, almost - Re: Installing Centos 5 on one system and moving the HD to another....

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
I did the install onto the HD in the Compaq, set inittab to 3 and moved the HD to the decTOP.

I booted without the ethernet USB dongle, and after I was logged in, I plugged it in. I had to bring up eth0 and start dhclient. But the network is working.

But X is not.  Different video.

/etc/sysconf/hwconf has the right info:

Class: VIDEO
bus: PCI
detach: 0
desc: "National Semiconductor Corporation Geode GX2 Graphics Processor"
vendorId: 100b
deviceId: 0030
subvendorId: 100b
subdeviceId: 0030
pciType: 1
pcidom:     0
pcibus:    0
pcidev:    1
pcifn:    1

So how do I 'fix' X?

Does 'system-config-display' get anywhere? If not, post another message here with a more descriptive subject and the part that looks like the problem from your /var/log/Xorg.0.log and maybe someone who knows more about X will jump in.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx