Re: CentOS vs RedHat packages

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Shawn Everett wrote:

Anyone on the list experience the same kind of problem, and find an
answer?  If so, what was it?

A couple of follow up questions:
- How much disk space is on the server and how is it partitioned?  How many
logical disks in the RAID controller (if any) are made?

About 200 GB total, using RH's default layout. More than emough. One logical disk on the RAID.

- Have you noticed any programs mysteriously stop working after the reboot?

Personally I never use the system-config-* scripts.  I do 90% of the
configuration by hand.  That's a throwback to my Slackware days and that
way I know things work.

I would have no problems doing it by hand, too, but when I use a system-supplied option, I expect it to work, particularly out-of-the-box, and this simple tool breaks right after it is put to use. Makes me wonder why, and what else might be breaking.

Scott

Shawn