Re: Mixing RPMforge and EPEL (Was: EPEL repo)

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 12:15:31PM -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> I know EPEL acknowledged that the whole repo-conflicts thing is an
> issue that needed to be addressed... as has been rehashed many times,
> they just didn't like repotags.

The history goes as follows:

o Dag suggests repotags, Axel back them up
o _very_ long discussion about repotags
o repotags get killed by epel, lots of pain for the repos that did
  carry repotags (at least for ATrpms it was a painful transition)
o Many repo maintainers and users complain about epel's lack of
  cooperation
o epel suddenly reconsiders

So after the fact everyone can claim anything. The important thing is
how did epel (or better said certain key persons in there) deal with
it when they did not see the political ramifications they inflicted
upon themselves?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net