Re: CentOS 5 Live USB

Dag Wieers wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
Mark Rose wrote:
I took a stab at making a bootable CentOS 5 Live USB pendrive and I
ended up with a kernel panic.  I was able to do this with a live CD of
CentOS 4, but it seems the same procedure does not work for the new
version.

Has anyone been able to accomplish this?  Any and all thoughts are
apprecicated!
I'd love to hear what you did to get CentOS on the USB thumb drive so
that I can compare it to what I think we can accomplish with CentOS 5,
as we are currently working on getting USB thumb drive installs to *just
work* from Revisor.
You guys will probably want to wait for the next live CD ...  based on
the FC7 Live CD project.

We hope to have that on in a couple months and we hope for it to be
easily installable on a thumb drive and even installable via the Live CD.

You might find some pointers here if you can't wait, as it is what the
Live CD is based on:

http://os.cqu.edu.au/adios/adk.html

It would be nice if the same project could deliver:

 - Live CD images
 - USB images
 - Harddisk images (for qemu/vmware or preinstalled harddisks)

from a single set of media + configuration files.

We're working on these latter two, in fact ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip