Re: Announcement Project based on CentOS 4.4

Tronn Wærdahl wrote:

On 7/12/07, *Les Mikesell* <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Tronn Wærdahl wrote:

    > Yum is removed for ovious reasons :-)

    You hate security fixes??  I can't think of any other reason anyone
    would do that.

    --
       Les Mikesell
         lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>

Personally i dont like YUM, I prefer apt-get, the package you dont wanna update is openldap, espesially the server, you could easyly configre apt, to ignore those packages
Easy to do it with yum.  Do it all the time.
There is allso a script included to make your own apt repository
There is an rpm with everything you need to make your own yum repo.

I guess it is a matter of background and choice...