Re: vmware tools in CentOS5 guest?

Sean Brown wrote:

On May 22, 2007, at 11:31 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

Thanks - it works now, but it seems like I have to run vmware-toolbox inside the X session to make it release the mouse at the edge of the window without the ctl-alt keystroke. I didn't think earlier versions needed that, or started it automatically. Is something else missing?

Is the vmware-guest daemon running? You do not need to have the toolbox running for it to release the mouse and keyboard.

I tried again with the x86_64 centos5 as both host and guest and have exactly the same problems. At startup it complained about /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libpng12.so.0 which I fixed by symlinking to the system (32-bit) version. Then running /vmware-config-tools.pl in the guest fails to add a 'Monitor' section to xorg.conf, which I add by hand. Then an x session has vmware-guestd and vmware-user running but it won't release the mouse automatically unless I run vmware-toolbox inside the X session too. Should I install the any-any patches?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx