Re: Squid +Yum = apt-cacher?

Les Mikesell ha scritto:
William Hooper wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
[snip]
But that's a per-box per-repo specific change, with per-distro, per-repo
variations for the end users to figure out for themselves. And then it
won't fail over at all if the url you pick goes away.  Aren't computers
supposed to work for you instead of the other way around?

Have you seen this setup from Guru Labs?
http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/YUM_automatic_local_mirror.php

It sounds like it does what you want it to.  It uses DNS to redirect
requests for a mirror list to a page you control without changing the
clients.

They are actually directing to a local repo which I'd like to avoid since I don't want to copy anything unless at least one update requests it, but I suppose similar contortions would work to force the same external repo to be used. At least someone else recognizes the problem.

Just guessing... would be possible to use squidGuard (or another form of interceptor) to force always the same mirror?