Re: Vmware version 1.03

From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Vmware version 1.03
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 16:20:22 -0500

Barton Callender wrote:

I just downloaded vmware version 1.03 the .tar download. There were no problems installing it however, only when I'm logged as the root user am I able to create new virtual machine. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

Is the directory where the image files would be created writable by the user trying to do it?

Yes it is writable by the user.

I was able to create a new VM as a non-root user without any problem using the same version but the rpm install. Do you have SElinux enabled?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx

In reponse to creating a group called vmware, I tried that but was unsuccessful.

SElinux is disabled. I have the rpm for it I will uninstall the tar and try the rpm.

thanks