Re: Re: Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Feizhou wrote:

Originally I had boot on 2 drives raid1, with 2 more drives being hotspares. Then I realized that this makes no sense, if you can just set up a raid1 with 4 drives (where each drive is a copy of each other). Didn't really know if it was supported, but looks like it works.

The entire use all four disks for /boot makes no sense if two disks belonging to the same mirror for the lvm go down. Please stop this nonsense about surviving everything to no benefit. You can have three disks fail and still have a working /boot. For what?

Yes, if two disks belonging to the same mirror go down, I lose my data. But if two disks which are not from the same mirror go down, I would like to be able to boot up without any problems. And as someone else mentioned, what else am I going to do with those 200mb? I'd rather maintain symmetry and not have to worry which disks /boot is on, as I'll know that if the data drive survives, then I won't have any problems with the boot drive either.

Russ