Re: Re: Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Feizhou wrote:
Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
Hey look at me! I'm top-posting!!! Nanny-nanny-poo-poo

Come get me Trolls!

Please do not top post. :)

He was probably hinting at me for top posting. Unfortunately, sometimes I write from the blackberry, which only allows top posting. Take it up with RIM.

SATA drives typically do 60-70MBs, interleaved you
should see 120-140MB/s on sequential. Random IO on SATA
usually sucks too badly to even talk about...

Eh? It cannot be worse than PATA drives now can it?

Probably not, but is SATA really much worse then SCSI or SAS? I did some testing on a dell PE 2950 of 750GB SATA's vs SAS and SCSI drives, and the SATA drives seem to be faster at least at first glance. I don't have good numbers from the SCSI tests, but at least for sequantial, I'm getting a better speed off the SATAs.

Russ