Re: Re: 5.0: installing everything

Scott Silva wrote:

The thing I always wanted from an 'everything' install was the expertise
of the distribution packager as to whether something would likely be
useful to have installed.  Someone, somewhere must have known enough
about the packages to decide what was worth including in the
distribution.  I'd take their word for whether it should be on my hard
disk or not.

If the distribution packager wanted you to install everything, there would not
be any options of what to install. It would always be an "everything" install.

Not true. There was a time when distributions included "everything" as one among several more specialized and limited choices. Now you only get the limited versions.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx