Re: 5.0: installing everything

Johnny Hughes wrote:

In that case ... you can just do this after install:

yum install \*

It will install everything.

_HOWEVER_ ... don't do it unless you need everything !!!!

If you think you need everything ... you probably don't ... if you
really, really, really need everything then OK, install it.

How do you know if you need something unless you install and try it?

The thing I always wanted from an 'everything' install was the expertise of the distribution packager as to whether something would likely be useful to have installed. Someone, somewhere must have known enough about the packages to decide what was worth including in the distribution. I'd take their word for whether it should be on my hard disk or not.

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx