Re: CentOS 5 dual head doesn't work

On 5/2/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Took me a while to locate this.  I have an ATI FireGL3400 with two
Dell 1707FP monitors.  The configurator correctly identifies the
monitor (well, the left one, anyway), but it shows "ATI Technologies
In Unknown Device 71f2" for the video card (the second screen is a
71d2).

Are you using the binary ATI drivers, or the default xorg drivers? ATI
has horrible support, and their binary driver is just as bad. Do
yourself a favor and get an nvidia card. Still a binary driver, but at
least they actively support their product on linux.

George Orwell