Re: CentOS 5 dual head doesn't work

On 5/2/07, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> I would have thought that CentOS 5 was better about this, and the
> FireGL card is listed (but it doesn't work when I try to use it)

Listed where? Which chipset is that? ATI is actively ignoring Open
Source development of their newer cards and their own fglrx drivers
plainly suck.

They're listed in the system-config-display video card list, but I
couldn't select them for some reason.

Try with the fglrx drivers - they might be that tad better than the vesa
drivers are. And it seems to be your only chance to use both monitors.

The only ones I saw were for XFree86 - nothing for Red Hat or CentOS
or SuSE or anything else - is there a chance those would work?

I was using the VESA drivers in 4.4 and they seemed to be okay for the
most part....

--
Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)