Re: hi

well I tried the one On there but this computer is told I guess said use 32 bit but I don't see that on the web sight ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Fales" <matthew_17_20@xxxxxxx>
To: <centos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:54 AM
Subject: Re:  hi

Dave fales
matthew_17_20@xxxxxxx
moving mountains with mustard seeds

From: Steve Huff <shuff@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:47:32 -0400

On Apr 24, 2007, at 5:08 PM, Dave wrote:

Hi I just joined I have a serer who's purpose life is to be a fileserver/print server right now it is running windows 98 because it is an older computer look at an alternate os such as this will this allow windows based machines to talk to it save files retrieve files and also how difficult is it to install.

you may want to look at a "turnkey" file server solution, such as OpenFiler:

http://www.openfiler.com/

this particular project is based on Linux, but is designed specifically to be an easy-to-use file server, rather than a general- purpose machine. you may be able to use the built-in printing system to add print server capabilities to an OpenFiler box; i haven't tried to do so, so i can't tell you for sure.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v