Re: 3ware cards and new firmware in 9.4.1 codeset

Michael Watters wrote:
John R Pierce wrote:
Michael Watters wrote:
Wow, that's stupid.  I guess we'll be switching to Adaptec cards...

I'd go LSI Logic before I'd let anything Adaptec near my systems
LSI Logic cards are really buggy in Linux, we've had nothing but problems with them.

The trouble with adaptec RAID cards is that they just don't work....

and adaptec are less than useless at providing drivers or support...

I have a six port adaptec SATA RAID card which I got with an HP server, in the end I ditched it and went software RAID because the Adaptec card drivers just didn't work....

Additionally, CIFS is not a disk filing system, (as I believe has been said already) so I am not sure what 3WARE are getting at here,

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_systems

Following th CIFS link takes you straight to SMB as you might expect.....

P.