Re: 3ware cards and new firmware in 9.4.1 codeset

Scott Silva wrote:
I just saw the following in the release notes for the new firmware for the
later 3ware cards;

Improved CIFS performance
The firmware has been tuned to greatly increase performance with CIFS (Common
Internet File System) protocol. However, this has resulted in performance with
the Linux ext3 file system that is slower than earlier releases. We recommend
that you use other Linux file systems, such as XFS.

So it looks like ext3 performance would be worse. What are they thinking?
They are going to drive linux people away.
Wow, that's stupid.  I guess we'll be switching to Adaptec cards...